President Muhammadu Buhari has approved the composition of the Board of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC), as provided for under Section 1(2) of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation Act of 1997, as amended.
The new board is composed of the following:
- Chairman-Dr Emmanuel Ibe Kachikwu, Honourable
Minister of State for Petroleum;
- Group Managing Director-Dr Maikanti Kacalla Baru;
- The Permanent Secretary of the Federal Ministry of
- The following six persons:
- Mallam Abba Kyari
- Dr Thomas M.A John
- Dr Pius O. Akinyelure
- Dr Tajuddeen Umar
- Mallam Mohammed Lawal, and
- Mallam Yusuf Lawal.
According to the statement issued by Mr.Femi Adesina Special Adviser on Media and Publicity to President Buhari said the President urged the new board to ensure the successful delivery of the mandate of the NNPC, ” and serve the nation by upholding the public trust placed on them in managing this critical national asset.”